does using a power efficent computer slow internet speed?

maiyahi1

Beta member
i don't really get this forum since i'm new so i'm guessing this is the right place to post this.

i do alot of downloading and internet browsing but almost barely do any gaming and programing and editing and other power needing stuff like that. so i'm thinking of buying one of those super power saving computers that only cost like 300$ (i'm trying to go green). but i've read that because of the low power consumption it could only run on 500mhz of speed or somewhere around that area.

so i was wondering does your computers speed effect you internet downloading speed?

No, if you get "green" computer hardware, your computer will not be slower or have a slower internet speed unless the specifications are different.

Internet speed can be affected by many things at different times. Things such as: cable, ethernet card, wireless adapter, the provider, and how many people are using the local line. To efficiently test internet speed you'd have to connect both computers to the same router and test at the same time with the same wireless adapters/ethernet cards. The last factor that could alter the internet speeds are the cables you're using. Make sure the CAT5e for the best performance. You also want to test to make sure the crossed pairs aren't reversed or crossed. Lastly, make sure that the connect at the end of the cable is touching all the 8 wires.

almost barely do any gaming and programing and editing and other power needing stuff like that. so i'm thinking of buying one of those super power saving computers that only cost like 300$ (i'm trying to go green). but i've read that because of the low power consumption

Back
Top Bottom