Does this PSU work with this Mobo?

fredstek

Baseband Member
Have my first assignment for IT cert 2 and it is to create a PC for photo/video/sound editing. I Have a thermal take case with a 650w thermal take psu. The case and psu fit together but i cant seem to figure out if the psu would work with the mobo. I am also going to put in a ati video card and a half decent sound card. I am pretty sure the psu is good enough for this. Stupid thing is i have no budget for this asignment lol...it would be so much harder if they gave me a budget.

All i could find on the mobo specifications that had anything to do with a psu was this

# 1 x 24-pin ATX main power connector
# 1 x 4-pin ATX 12V power connector

below is the

Output Information for PSU

AC INPUT
115V/ 230V 8/4A 47~63Hz
DC OUTPUT

+3.3V

+5V

+12V1

+12V2

+12V3

+12V4

-12V

+5VSB
Max Output Current

30A

28A

18A

18A

18A

18A

0.8A

3A
Min Current

0.5A

2A

1.0A

1.0A

1.0A

1.0A

0.0A

0.0A
Peak Current

--

--

--

--

--

--

--

3.5A
Max Combined Wattage

99W
140W
624W

9.6W

15W

These are the two links to find the complete specifications

http://www.computeralliance.com.au/parts.aspx?qryPart=11070

http://www.thermaltake.com.au/Products/PowerSupply/W0163/ToughpowerQFan650W.aspx

Can some one please point tell if they would work together and point out what i was missing?

Thanks so much :)

any one out there? :(

awesome, thanks!!! ;)

Knowing this is good for the assessment but Can any one please point out what the link or connections are between them that allow them to work together? Just need to know :p

Great link! :) much appreciated :)

Soooo am i right if i say that all powersupplys are the same and have the same pin number and connection for every mobo?

With ATX, you'd be correct. Now with newer power supplies, the connections are modular. So some PSU's will come with more of different connections than others, like for say a Video card so the user could have multiple GPU's. Other than that, they're all pretty much the same in terms of connectors.

Back
Top Bottom