Does my system need upgrading.....

Reiyoku

In Runtime
Hello there does any of you think I need a system upgrade or a whole new system change from AMD to Intel , or could possibly give me your opinions as to why I should, or stay with etc. or give me a description on what I could do to upgrade, If anyone wants to give a full paragraph and stuff, I will give you the budget of how much I earn, and my system specs are show below in my signature...

Weekly Wage College Funds (£30.00 a week which works out to be 56.1480 USD on a calculator apperently.

As I said above do you think I could give my system a total turn around in Manufacturer or just a few upgrades to make it run reliable and a good gaming system.

Thanks alot for reading.

It all depends on what you want to do with the computer.

That CPU is fast enough, but in the future you may want a dual core processor.

As for the RAM, it's generally not a good idea to mix and match. We need to know how how fast it is too. If you want to upgrade the RAM I'd recommend you get 2x1 GB dual channel sticks that are at least PC3200.

If you're going to play any current games with decent performance, you definately want to upgrade that video card. I'd recommend at least a Geforce 7600GT assuming you want to stick with Nvidia. That's a decent card that will let you play at at least medium settings with current games.

You definately need a new gpu, as said before do not mix and match ram, and for the processor, it isnt outdated so it can play most games easily with a good gpu also. so yeah, not much updating except gpu and maybe dual channel ram (same kind.)

I do agree I need more RAM, but people keep telling me that the new INTELs give some high specs, I'm not sure what I could do, I will save up for a good GPU, and possibly a motherboard.

The new intels are good, but they would require you to get a new mobo, and they're not that cheap, either. You're talking like $500 or more to switch out mobo and processor.

I know I would need a 755 or something like that I beleive, but what would you do if you got the income I had... any examples?

I assume your Mobo is alright, my brother has a A8N32-SLI and it's good.
Really if you were going to do a total swap like that it would be more economical to just upgrade your CPU and graphics card and you'd be rocking. For about the same price you could have a 7800GT and a FX-55 processor. That would own, although the FX-55 is a little overkill. Anyway, point is, the money could be spent better. I don't think it's worth spending a ton of money to futureproof your system when you could do something like that to own all games, since I guess that's what you're going for.

My opinion is that your stuff is fine. Although if you do want to do some upgrades, I'd go the intel route and get a core 2 because they're cheap, extremely fast and majorly overclockable, and they run very cool. If you don't want to spend the extra $$ on that I'd go with an AMD X2 processor of some sort that way you don't have to spend extra money.

I was thinking about getting dual channel ram sticks Preferably 2x 512 sticks 1GB Corsair maybe. and later on picking up a new GPU Card... then I should be fine for a while untill I get a job.

Well, looking at the specs you have, maybe an AMD Athlon 64 4000+ or X2 4400+ would be good. Also, 2x1GB PC3500 would be great. DDR533 would be even better. Yours should have an option to set the memory speed if mine can do it.

And the video card. a nice 7600GT would make an impact.

Back
Top Bottom