does my motherboard have 2.0 support?
i posted this on one of my other thread, but it might confuse the people that wants to try in help me, so i edited that one, and am creating a new one since this was a different subject.
my motherboard says that it has 2 pci-e x16 slots, but i was wondering if they are actually x16 slots or are they 2.0?
i got this spec through Wiki (dont believe everything on wiki..... i know btw)
* Codenamed RD780, final name revealed to be "AMD 790X chipset"
* Single AMD processor configuration
* Two physical PCI-E x16 slots
* HyperTransport 3.0 and PCI Express 2.0
* ATI CrossFire
* AMD OverDrive
* Energy efficient Northbridge design
o 65 nm CMOS fabrication process manufactured by TSMC
* Mobile version (codenamed RD780M) planned, supporting CrossFire for two AXIOM/MXM discrete mobile GPUs 
* Performance discrete multi-graphics segment
and the back of my box says
Dual PCI Express x16
*2 PCI-Express x16 slots support Crossfire x8 mode
*PCI-Express x16 slots support PCI-Express 2.0
and i know that the x16 and 2.0 have backwards compatibility and vice versa.
when it says HyperTransport 3.0 and PCI Express 2.0, does it mean that the x16 are 2.0 slots, or is it saying that it supports it for the peoples that are not smart enough to know that the 2.0 and x16 are compatible?
looking on the MSI sites and the specs of the other MSI products, none of them actually say they have 2.0 slot, but only x16, but theres 2.0 somewhere on the page of the product.
Thanks in advance
Desktop -Cooler Master NV690/AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE/MSI 880G-E45 Motherboard/2 x 2GB DDR3 G.Skill Ripjaws X/Sapphire HD 5870 1GB GDDR5/CORSAIR CMPSU-550VX/Seagate 7200.12 500GB (OS), Samsung F3 1TB (Storage)/Sony DVD Burner/Windows 7 Professional 64-bit