does my mobo have onboard audio?

crayzboost

In Runtime
it says it does but am i wrong? Realtek ALC850 8-CH right, it doesnt seem to be working it says this when i try to play a mp3 track

There is no sound card
You either do not have a sound card installed on your computer or it is not functioning properly. If you do not have a sound card installed, you must install one before you can listen to audio in a digital media file. If you do have a sound card installed, refer to its documentation to troubleshoot the problem.

Error ID = 0x80040256, Remedy ID = 0x00000000

this is my mobo http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=13-131-510&depa=1

the rest is in my sig, is there a driver i didnt install? or something

Oh, boy! Do you have any audio jacks on your PC?! Also if you do, if the Audio device enabled in your bios.
If you bought your motherboard new, if should have came with a CD with all the driver for the components on your mobo.
If not go to www.driverzone.com or the website of the company that makes the mobo and download the software. If you are gonna play a wav CD from a cdrom, you have to make sure there is a connection between the drive and the sound device which in your case is the mobo.

ahh thanks for the quick reply but i did find it, you were right i didint install all of the drivers, but it also would'nt let me install the lan driver until after i installed the audio driver and a couple others, wierd huh. well im learning..

Back
Top Bottom