Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 05-02-2010, 05:21 PM   #21
In Runtime

Default Re: Does installing too much stuff on your computer make your computer slow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legodude522 View Post
Windows 7 is actually very nice. Best OS Microsoft ever made. I personally don't need it though. XP 64-bit is just fine for me.
But you have to upgrade in 2014 because they aren't going to support it no more.

TheNerdal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 05:32 PM   #22
Daemon Poster

Default Re: Does installing too much stuff on your computer make your computer slow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNerdal View Post
But you have to upgrade in 2014 because they aren't going to support it no more.
Windows XP 64-bit barely has support to begin with.

Why does it matter if it is supported or not. As long as it works for me, I could care less.

Legodude522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 05:15 PM   #23
Solid State Member

Legodude, I'm totally with you on WinXP. However, I recently installed Windows 7 and I'm glad I did. I'm not going to try to convince you, I'm just saying I know where you're coming from but Win7 is worth installing IMHO.
JayAaroBe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 11:00 AM   #24
Beta Member

Your compter get slow when your ram is get crowded. When you run a program it loads in the RAM. So always try that do not run too many programs at Startup.
scot80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 02:41 PM   #25
Baseband Member

that is not always the case though, maybe in windows but other OS's use ram a little differently
dancingmadrb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 03:32 PM   #26
Solid State Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Rooster View Post
Correct, just installing alot of programs won't slow it down. Having a large number of them active at start-up will as it takes up valuable resources.
Atomic Rooster is 100% correct. The only exception is when your hard drive is almost full. Then it can slow down. This is because Windows requires a certain percentage of the hard drive to be empty. As long as you have at least a few Gigs of available space, you will not experience any slow-down.
Old 10-02-2010, 05:01 AM   #27
Beta Member

Send a message via Yahoo to daniellehudges

Definitely adding more stuff on your computer than the usual won't make it slower. I believe that those unwanted files and programs and those we usually downloaded from the net slow down the performance of our pc. I've experienced that so many times and it's kinda irritating. Good to know I found pc health advisor serial because it clean up my window registry and removed those files that are needed or looks like malicious at some point. It's better I guess to check the performance of our pc once in a while to avoid the slow.
daniellehudges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 03:44 PM   #28
Fully Optimized

depends what you install

more programs, more temporary/cache files full of settings, eventually will confuse windows a bit i think.
Old 10-02-2010, 03:49 PM   #29
Solid State Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Darkseeker~ View Post
depends what you install

more programs, more temporary/cache files full of settings, eventually will confuse windows a bit i think.
That is nonsense---misinformation spread by Apple, perhaps. I'm no MS fanboy, but I always want the truth to be known.