Does Anyone Know the Model Of A Old Acer Aspire With A Large Sound Dial On The Front?

OK one long beep ... I suggest you remove the cover and reseat the RAM modules and all the cards in the expansion slot (unscrew them pull them out of the expansion slots and insert them back then secure them with the screws) I know its a pain but it may work ... If not test the RAM.

Ya a long beep usually means a RAM issue. Either the new ones is bad or not compatible.

jmacavali said:
Ya a long beep usually means a RAM issue. Either the new ones is bad or not compatible.

Yeah that's what I thought after wildcat mention psu and ram, I booted first time and it didn't get picked up by windows so I had to reseat it and that's when the troubles began.

Once I get a HDD upgrade and better ram I will use it as a media pc as that's what it's designed for. I have brown coloured slot where gpu's go but none will fit there..

Last edited:
So I have fixed all the problems with successfully upgrading to 1GB of ram, I think the ram was causing all the problems, Today I moved it somewhere else, So I turned it still beeping, I turned it off and reseated the ram then turned it on but it was still beeping, I then installed a new stick of ram and the display came on and it started successfully with 1GB of ram showing in system information..

So I have just ran the Crucial ram scanner tool and it says that it can support 4GB of ram, Take a look here..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom