Does Anyone know how this fan and temp controller works??

kirkman

Baseband Member
Hey, i just purchased one of these for my pc http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=29978 And i was wondering, when lets say i hook fan 3 up to the controller for my case exhaust fan, and then i set the warning temp for 40 degrees, when it goes above 40 degrees would it speed up the exhaust fan?? And i would like to know how to know how to control the cpu temperature, since your not sopposed to hook the cpu fan to the controller, whats the point of fan 1 for the cpu temperature if you cant hook the cpu fan to it???

thanks

KIRK

Well some cases have room for more than 3 fans. I assume those labels are simply a method of referring to which fan is hooked up and being controlled at a given time. As far as the warning, my guess would be that the fan would speed up to maintain the temperature under 40C. Once it can't speed up no more, then I don't know what would happen. The CPU temperature can usually be controlled in the BIOS. The same applies to other fans hooked up to the motherboard.

what about the cpu, how do i alow it to auto change the speed of the fan if im not sopposed to hook the fan to the controller, same with the video card.

thanks kirk

The CPU cooler you can mess with the settings the in BIOS. For video card, there are software you can download that will control the speed. You can even set profiles so it runs at speed x when in temperature range y-z.

Then whats the point of monitoring the cpu or video card temperature, once it goes above the set temperature, the alarm is just going to keep going off cause it will speed up on of the case fans. Fuck it, ill just hook the cpu fan to the controller

thanks

Back
Top Bottom