Does anyone know how.....?

zyonchaos

Beta member
Does anyone know how or if it is possible to use the onboard graphics output for one monitor running windows applications (ie, outlook) whilst using the graphics card output to run a seperate monitor running games at the same time?

Not possable.Just get a GPU with dual monitor support. You can get one for real cheap. If your not doing any high performace things.

actually i'd have to say it wouldnt...because of the fact if annother videocard is plugged in the onboard stops working

Its not just that though.

Its the fact that even if you do get a dual monitor card, when your playing games, and you have the desktop on the other monitor.
If you click onto the other monitor, it will minimize the game.
Since, when your playing the game, the desktop freezes and doesn't allow you to do anything, since it'd usually be in the background on a standard monitor.

ive seen my brother do it who has a dual moniter set-up, he plays WoW on one moniter and has IE running in the other and browses the internet while playing

You can buy mobo's with two monitor outputs. I have at the moment, ma onboard and some crappy PCI just for media player. Does the job. I can play games on one and do things on the other....

Back
Top Bottom