Does anybody see a problem with this motherboard ram combo?

That board completely supports the RAM.
You should have no problems with it.

X2. fully compatible.

Except you'll have to buy that RAM somewhere else like newegg.com because it's sold out there.

Yup. You could actually get slightly faster RAM (1066) if you wanted to, the board supports that as well. Not sure if you'd see much of an improvement, but you never know.

X2. fully compatible.

Except you'll have to buy that RAM somewhere else like newegg.com because it's sold out there.

Crap! That is annoying I thought they had it! Oh well.

I was worried about this bottlenecking stuff I hear about. I was pretty sure it was compatible.

How much of a difference will 800 versus 1066 make?

Is 2 gb x 2 in dual channel better then 4 gb (x1) by itself?

Thanks

It makes more sense to get a 2 x 2GB kit because you can expand more in the future. Performance will be no different between 4 x 1 or 2 x 2.

I'd recommend this. Not too spendy. I've got the older version of the 800 in my parents computer. I've always gotten my rebates back from OCZ, no matter what the Newegg reviewers say.

Maybe I don't understand. The MOBO has only two slots for ram. Wouldn't I be better off using only one of those slots (4 gb x1) so if I want to expand in the future I can? (with the other slot)

My bad. I didn't look at the MB closely. Sorry.

No, get 2 x 2GB. 4GB RAM sticks are FAR too expensive.

Also do I have to worry about running memory that is listed under the manufacturers compatibility sheet?

Back
Top Bottom