Dodgy TFT

dreamweaverdude

In Runtime
Hey,

I have a 15inch tft which is running off a Geforce2 MX400 64mb. I have a problem in that I can't really see any text when the computer boots up in the bios screen, the whole screen is too dark to do anything with, outwith windows xp. I have got around the problem by putting up the gamma on my card using the nvidia colour correction tool. and can see everything normally. But I don't know how to put up the gamma in linux, plus i would be nice to be able to yse the monitor for tweaking around in the bios without haveing to change the monitor. I've tried changing the contrast and brightness on the monitor but this makes no difference. Is the backlight going or something becuase i have run out of ideas.

cheers

dan

take it back if you think its broke?
sorry mate dont have a flatscreen so cant really help ya. sounds annoying though! just take it back if you think its broken!

trouble is that it was bought off a friend second hand who bought it through someone he knew, so i can only fix it, taking it back ain't an option, plus it was sold as in perfect working order.

eh, yeah I would have bought a dell b/c of there good quality, only buy an monitor from them, don't buy a pc from dell, overpriced.

Back
Top Bottom