Dod:s

Tx3kgtman

Baseband Member
Ive always played dod:s and its ran alright on my old build but no errors. Well i just got done with my new build --

Soltek SL-K8TPRO-939 MB
AMD 64 3700+ oced from 2.2 to 2.4
gig of dual channel value select corsair ram

i still have the same video card which is a radeon 128mb 9600XT which Ive ran dod:s at anywhere from 20-40 fps. now that i have my new specs with this video card i get anywhere from 90 to 180 fps in dod:s but now after a while of game play it will freeze and all my graphics will blur across the screen so i thought mabye my overclocking is to much. but about 15 secs after it happenes it goes to destop and gives me a VPU error and i have to restart. When it boots back up my resolution goes to 800x600 which its supposed to be 1024x768. Whats wrong and what can i do to fix it. Is it my video card? I have the newest drivers there are. I had my gfx clock speed to 526 "stock is 499" and i set it back down to 499 and im still having the same problem. Im getting a X850Pro soon.. will this fix this?

Yeah, its most likely the video card overheating from the strain, and simply crashing. The VPU error is normal and tells you that something has gone wrong, though usually is recoverable from.

TRY THIS:

"I had my gfx clock speed to 526 "stock is 499" and i set it back down to 499 and im still having the same problem"

Though thats strange...
Are you sure the fan underneath the card is spinning right? And theres nothing getting in the way of the airflow? Maybe a card in a PCI slot right underneath the AGP card?
In which case, you'll have to move that card down one to give the video card more room to breathe.

WORK ON OTHER GAMES?

Plus, have you tried any other games with the card, and pushed it as far as possible to see if it cracks in the same way?

try setting your cpu speeds back to stock also, you are overclocking with value ram and a soltek mobo (not really a great motherboard) which can cause problems also.

u could also clean the vid card fan. If it has been without cleaning for a long time there might be lot's of dust. I removed the dust from my about 1 year old vid card and the temps dropped by 3C. Though I think that u need something more than this but it never hurts to clean stuff.

nah i can play the regualr day of defeat fine for as long as i want. and also bf2 works fine...

It must be Dod then. I'd try re-installing, saving the saved games from the game folder, or sometimes there placed in your Documents and Settings folder/Applications.

Plus, try and find patches on the internet for the game that might have come out since you bought it that might also correct errors.

Its safe to say that its probably not a video card issue now. Not in that sense of the word anyway.

I hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom