Do you think this is a good idea?

Le 3eme oeil

In Runtime
Ok, so i want to do my first build. But at the moment, i still don't totally know exactly what i need/want and don't totally understand how to put it together.

Do you think it would be a decent idea to get an old computer cheaply and maybe try to take it apart and put it back together to get the hang of it so i don't mess up nice parts ill be using to make my new computer.

Or do you think i could even get all the parts needed to put together a junk computer just to see if i am able to put it together fine? Or is this a waste of time..?

I just don't want to get some really nice parts and mess them up or something.

Yes, that would be a great idea. Just take some time to look at where everything is, how it fits onto the mobo and then you'll feel more confident when you put your new build together.

its not terribly hard to build a computer. just touch a ground every few minutes and you are golden. I'd just buy the parts for the computer you want and then put them together. if it doesn't work, then there are a ton of people to help you.

i was actually thinkin about doing both

buy some chepo PC at a yardsale, tear it up, and put it together

then buy some chepo parts,and build one

So far I have gotten a list of a site saying all the parts i need to put together a computer.
Now I'm going to go on ebay and see if anyone is selling any older model pc parts and see if i can get a whole list together.

as long as its grounded properly yes, its a strap which discharges your body whilst working on electronics, between the straps, the overalls and the work benches at work all the kit we work on is safe, however transistors are very strange creatures, and it doesnt take alot to kill them.. (i dont work on computers btw..)

Back
Top Bottom