Do you need a video card that is compatable with your PSU

NEED WOW NOW

Daemon Poster
I am almost done getting this list of parts i am getting but am a bit worried about the volts and amp outages.

First Question

Do i need to get a PSU that is compatible this these rating?

Minimum of a 350 Watt power supply.
(Minimum recommended power supply with +12 Volt current rating of 18 Amps.)
Minimum 400 Watt for SLI mode system.
(Minimum recommended power supply with +12 Volt current rating of 24 Amps.)

Second Question

Is this PSU compatible with the above outputs?

Input Current 10A @ 115V, 6A @ 230V
Output +3.3V@22A, +5V@16A, +12V1@15A, +12V2@16A,
-12V@0.8A, +5VSB@2.5A

I have a feeling that they dont match:(

I wouldn't worry too much about the amps and such.
As long as it's a good quality PSU that will keep voltages near what it says, and its higher than the recommended amount for the video card, it seems okay.

So, if you get a video card needing 250watts, its best to have a 300 (though I've only heard of 400+)

Yeah, like Kage said that the amps don't really matter that much. You just have to get a quality PSU.

As for 400W for SLI, I say it is too low. What I would go with is something 550W and above.

It'll work fine. You need at least 18V on the +12V rail, and that PSU has 2 +12V rails with a combined power of 31A.

How do the amps not matter that much?? You have to make sure the PSU has enough on the +12V rail or it's going to be crap...

And @ Thelis, you can't really say that without even knowing what video card it is...

Well, it is two video cards, so I am guessing they are good ones.

But you are right, my bad.

its a
EVGA 256-P2-N615-TX GeForce 7600GT 256MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card - Retail WAY BETTER THAN MY 5200 lol

Back
Top Bottom