Do you have to format a DVD-RW?

Dishdog said:
This is the error message i get:

untitled.jpg

Thanks zipperman it worked perfectly.
Yes forums are useless without this option.But if you have a problem i think you should start a new topic.This is about cd-rw's.
:D

DVD-RW's but close enough,lol. I'm going to re-install windows in a week or two if this problem isn't fixed. i know thats a little extreme but i need to soon any way.

well dishdog, i would ditch the RW and go with a -r if your burning games or a +r if ur doing music

(-r = unformatted, +r = formatted)
Usually if u burn games, it formats on it own, well atleast for me.

Ya they don't meen that. i'm not doing games/music. i'm burning epsisodes of stuff and i don't want to go through tones of DVD-R.

Wait, I don't know if you mentioned it or not, but is it a DVD-RW or a DVD+RW? It's pretty obvious, but make sure your burner can handle the format you are using.

Also, like I said, try another brand. Maybe the brand you are using doesn't work well with your burner or at all. Try the discs you have somewhere else to see if you can get the discs to work. Your burner might be craptacular. Try a different burning program. Different programs do things slightly differently, and that could be affecting the data.

If none of these things solve the problem, then it looks like there's nothing that can be done. Not that it matters, but I hate RW. They've never worked for me.

They are -RW and my burner supports them. it supports both. You don't use burning programs to use them. it's like a floppy, copy and paste. i'll have to try another brand, any suggestions?

I have returned them now. the store didn't have a diferent brand so i couldn't try any out. thank you for trying to get them to work.

Back
Top Bottom