Do they really use AI?

Distortion88 said:
You say the computer is based on scripts in that it is told actions to take when given a certain situation and so this is not AI. But is that really different from real AI (as in human beings)? I mean, haven't we all been programmed in a similar fashion from birth (ex. from schooling, parents, etc)? I guess your definition of what exactly AI is will factor into answering the initial question as to whether or not game bots use AI.

I thought about this too. But the computer bots are based on scripts. There is a line of text that they obey, and they won't do anything that isn't in that piece of code. They don't really think, they don't make up their own ideas or improvise. They just obey the code.

I think everyone forgot CSS bots. They are seriously human like. Hell they even talk to you.

Thats where depressed people should go to get attention.

Haha or not....

Bad joke, anyways, I dont beleive I have ever seen a better bot in any game then CSS based off the HL2 source engine.

I dont get it.

We talking Artificial Intelligence, Artificial Ingredients

There is alot of words or A.I lol

Well..you can call it AI in FEAR, the script constantly changes EVERY time so that the NPC's do something different evertyime..lets say there is a box to your left..maybe one will come around it...and if it does..maybe the next time the guy will jump on top of it.

Lol...the bots in CSS are pretty smart too, but when you view them its kind of gay because they look like they are cheating. But oh well.

Back
Top Bottom