Do i need AGP to get a new vid card

mitch1544

Solid State Member
Help im kinda a noob i was about to get a new vid card and the man said that my computer might not have AGP(Dell Dimension 2400 series) so i did not buy a vid card and found that my computer dosent have AGP (it has something called PCI) and i did not know if the vid card would work will it?and what can i get so the card can work?

To run an AGP card you need an AGP port. PCI is a previous version expansion slot and would not work with an AGP card.

You don't need one, there are plenty of PCI video cards out there. Will it benifit you? Definitely, AGP is much faster than PCI.

If you're planning on buying a new motherboard, though, get one with PCI-E. Like AGP, it's designed for video cards, but it runs at an incredibly higher speed.

truarabplayer said:
if he buys pci then dosent he have to bypass the integrated video card, or can he leave it the same.

It'll work fine, just instead of using the regular integrated video port, he'll use the one on the PCI card.

i have just looked at my computer they do have PCI slots and what are some of the PCI video cards because i need a new vid card sinse the one i have right now does not have Transform and lighting. and where could i get a APG slot.

Back
Top Bottom