do i have to have a router?

etniesk8r3000

Beta member
do i have to have one so i can use my computer and ps2 at the same time? j/w...i think i would have to but one...but i am just asking if theres a way around having to buy one cuz my gramma wont buy me one!thx cya

It would be a safe bet to assume you're wanting to get online with both at the same time. If this is the case then the answer is yes. If you don't need wireless you can score a NetWorkEverywhere router for 45 bucks US. Linksys markets these as a lower cost unit. It's quality is remarkablely good for the price. I have one of the NR04 units and not one moment's trouble in 1 and 1/2 years. www.networkeverywhere.com

Yeah, I'd get a router :)

I need one for my Xbox 360. Even if the PC is not connected, Xbox Live fails on a speed test, but the router fixed this problem.
Now though, after getting a router, its up and stable.

I wouldn't get wireless; too expensive, and too unpredictable for my tastes. Plus, a wired one will cost you less :)

It would be a safe bet to assume you're wanting to get online with both at the same time. If this is the case then the answer is yes. If you don't need wireless you can score a NetWorkEverywhere router for 45 bucks US. Linksys markets these as a lower cost unit. It's quality is remarkablely good for the price. I have one of the NR04 units and not one moment's trouble in 1 and 1/2 years. www.networkeverywhere.com

or you could go searching at local thrift stores and buy one for like $5, sometimes brand new in the box, thrift stores are usually horrible at pricing computer stuff...

Back
Top Bottom