Displaying Computer Signal on TV

bloo2

Solid State Member
Greetings to everyone, I'm new to the site.
I just received a computer for Christmas and am still trying to get the best setup. I was trying to get my computer hooked up to my TV for the purpose of watching DVDs, since I don't have a stand alone DVD player. I thought that I had the connections on the computer to make this easy (S Video, Composite). I only have the monitor connector - HP15F(?)(15 pin Female). I found a Y-splitter to run from my video card (ATI Xpress 200) to the monitor on one side, and a HP15? to composite video (Yellow) adapter. I thought I could then run the signal through the TV's Video In (composite). Unfortunately, this isn't working. I'll set the TV to receive the signal, and it acts as though it is receiving something, but even on different resolutions, there is no image.

If you've read through this, and understand what I'm talking about, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the forums...!!

And you lost me. So your saying that,you dont have an Svideo cable output on the videocard, or you dont have the input on the Tv?

I only have the composite Video In (Y) on the television, and a 15 pin connection on the video card.

I managed to get an image on a old tv, but it is in black and white. I'm not sure about the correct resolution, the only time I could get a stable image was with my settings at *edit* 8-bit at 640X480.

It took awhile, but I got my mx4000 hooked up to my TV via S-Video cable. I had to have a seperate monitor hooked up for debugging purposes. Since your card isnt NVidia, however, I really wouldnt have a clue about helping you. Sorry.

do you have it set to PAL/NTSC or what ever TV format you have? play around with the different settings, thats what i did and adventually it all worked on a tv so old that it doesnt even have a scart on the back of it. my setup has a compostive cable going into a scart adaptor on a vcr and then from the vcr to the tv. if you can find it but another problem i incontered was that if you reduced the size of the picture (not the resolution) that seemed to work for me on my old computer.

I would say to just buy a new video card that has the S-video out. All new video cards pretty much have that now. Very standardized.

Back
Top Bottom