Display Problems On Laptop.

Zax1108

Baseband Member
So I have a HP DV7-3058DX. it's been a great computer I did a bunch of upgrades to it etc etc. anyway the screen has gone wacky. there are lines going from right to left perfectly spaced from top to bottom. first time it happened. I though the GPU over heated. well I shut it down right away and the next day cleaned the heat sinks and fan (Needed as it was) it happened again about 2 days later.

This time I decided I'd plug into my TV via HDMI. looks great not a line in sight. so it leads me to believe the screen is having problems. but never the less I ran a on board test of memory and hardware everything passed. so I looked it up online and noticed it's a LED LCD screen with edge lighting. hence no inverter chip. so that can't be replaced as I had hopped.

There is a board on the back of the screen. but it's very well attached to the screen itself. and I can't find a replacement one online. but a replacement screen comes with one as a packaged deal.

I'm going to assume I need to buy a replacement screen. but after buying the computer and upgrades, I want to be sure what I'm buying before I just spend more money on the computer.

Does this sound like the screen has a problem or am I mislead?

It's an LG so I'm pretty shocked the screen is damaged I have an LG tv that's just amazing.

---------- Post added at 05:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:55 PM ----------

Side note. This computer is my main computer for gaming and work alike. so I need it back asap. I got a few netbooks but they're getting annoying quick haha. I lent my old gaming laptop to a friend so I'm kinda stuck right now.

I had that problem with an HP dv5, where there were lines for several minutes, they would go away, then come back later. I updated the video drivers and that helped for a little while, but then the issue came back. I never did find a solution; based on what I found on the web, HP laptops are known for that issue.

Back
Top Bottom