Display issue

mdtajghori

In Runtime
I have been having a weird problem lately. As soon as I power on the computer, it sounds like everything is working fine (all fans rotate etc. and there will be the beep indicating successful bios loading) But more than 50% of the times there won't be any display on the monitor INITIALLY. But after waiting for a minute or so the display comes back to life automatically and shows me the welcome screen of the operating system. And when there is display initially I've noticed that the loading screen in vista (with the green bar moving from left to right) takes ages to complete its process. I have no idea why the monitor fails to display initially. I then put in my old 8800GT and everything works perfectly and the loading process is fast. And btw the GFX card I was using was a gigabyte GTX 260. Could this be a bad power supply issue? My specs are as given below.

Q6600 (2.4 GHz)
4GB Kingston 800MHz value ram (1.8V)
GFX: GTX 260 (core 216)
PSU: Superflower 600 W (12V1: 21Amps; 12V2: 22 Amps)
MB: Asus P5K

Another thing I've noticed is that when I overclock my cpu above 3GHz with GTX 260, the 'initial display failure' happens more frequently and the loading screen also takes alot of time. I beleive its the PSU but any input from you guys will be great.

Hate to sound pedantic but it sounds quite simply like a dodgy graphics card (assuming when you did the swap you kept the same power supply). And the rule to overclocking is if it don't work then you switch it back

But the thing is that the graphics card (GTX260) works perfectly well once the computer loads windows. I've done hours of continuous gaming and I didn't notice any performance degradation.

Back
Top Bottom