Display

Wallaby Dan

Fully Optimized
This is the message i got: Display driver NVidia Windows Kernel Mode Driver Version 309.08 stopped responding. I was able to get it back up with a restart. I am wondering if this is driver or something in the video card? This has happened about 3 times now. The other two times it recovered by itself but this time it didn't. :eek:

You may need to completely remove the drivers.

Firstly, I would try to rollback the drivers. Perhaps a premature release doesn't play well with your model.

If that fails, download the latest drivers, then unplug from the internet.

In Device Manager, right click your Video Card and uninstall.
Shut down, remove power and press power button (as if turning on) to flush the ram.
Plug in, power on
Re-run the Nvidia installer.

Walkthrough for both operations if needed.

It's the drivers. Putting in the latest drivers will solve it. If it's the card itself you'll have to replace the card, but it won't be there motherboard because that doesn't have anything to do with the drivers crashing

Nvidia's driver stability is not what it once was. There have been several times I had to move back to a more stable release and wait for the next one to come out. Most of the time now you can stay put on a release as the newer ones are for specific games and the newest cards, so if you are running an older card and not playing the newest releases it's not going to make a difference for you.

Back
Top Bottom