"diskette drive 0 seek failure" while rebooting

TRDCorolla said:
Go into Device Manager and delete any traces of your printer.

Try hooking it up to a different USB port and see what happens. Did you follow the manual on installing the drivers? I think before you even install the printer, you need to pop the CD in first and install that. Then the wizard will tell you to plug the printer in and turn it on. The rest of the work is pretty much transferring a whole bunch of files from the CD to the hard drive.

think i followed the same procedure, well i wil give it a try again. i wil try hooking to a different prot and see if it works, and try to uninstall the drivers from the device manager and try to install it again.
any ways thanks for that help and wil get bak once i am done with that. thanks once again

I'm curious whether you got this fixed or not. It's funny thing that happens. This kind of problem is common and can be traced back to either the USB controller chip or the printer. But if you have other USB devices plugged in and they are working, then there's got to be issues with the drivers. It may not be working with the type of motherboard you have. I would call HP or whatever manufacturer your printer is and let them know your problem. They may have a patch or fix to your problem.

hey sorry for the delay in replying with the solution.
well i resolved the prob, n my computer is working fine.
the prob was that my computer has a card reader, and the printer that i was trying to install also has a card reader, so there was a conflict betweeen these 2. wen i put the USB emulation to NO BOOT in BIOS, the prob got resolved.
but there was nothing to do with the floppy cables or any other drive as thought previously.
any way thanks for all that suggestions and iam sure that i wil b a regular visitor to this forum to put in my questions and to answer others issues if i know the resolution for that. :)

Back
Top Bottom