Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 03-04-2006, 06:10 PM   #1
Solid State Member

Exclamation "diskette drive 0 seek failure" while rebooting

hi
i am getting this message wen i reboot my system after i installed a dell printer on the dell computer. wen ever i reboot, its getting stuck on this screen for about 5 minutes with this message and then boots to desktop.

i tried uninstalling the printer drivers, the computer boots but that message flashes on the screen before it boots to desktop.

any suggestions please for this solution,
thanks in advance.

maneesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 06:13 PM   #2
Golden Master

Default Re: "diskette drive 0 seek failure" while rebooting

I've seen this before. Your floppy disk may be bad or the drive itself may be bad too. Double check floppy data cable and power cable too.

Old 03-04-2006, 06:16 PM   #3
Solid State Member

Thumbs up Re: "diskette drive 0 seek failure" while rebooting

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDCorolla
I've seen this before. Your floppy disk may be bad or the drive itself may be bad too. Double check floppy data cable and power cable too.
thanks for the reply, well i checked that, but the computer doesnot have a floppy drive. is there anyother prob with the computer.
well its booting to the desktop wen i uninstall the drivers, so is there any prob with the installation of the printer drivers.
Old 03-04-2006, 06:24 PM   #4
Golden Master

I don't know how it can be related to the print drivers. That's odd. Go into BIOS and disable the floppy disk controller anyways, even though you don't have a floppy drive installed. Then go to your manufacturer's website and download the latest drivers for your printer.
Old 03-04-2006, 06:28 PM   #5
Solid State Member

Thumbs up Re: "diskette drive 0 seek failure" while rebooting

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDCorolla
I don't know how it can be related to the print drivers. That's odd. Go into BIOS and disable the floppy disk controller anyways, even though you don't have a floppy drive installed. Then go to your manufacturer's website and download the latest drivers for your printer.
even i am confused as to y it is happening after installing the printer drivers, and the stranest part is that it is booting the desktop, the prob is that its getting stuck on that msg screen for abt 4-5 min wen the drivers are installed and wen the drivers are uninstalled, the msg just flashes and the computer boots to the desktop.
any ways i wil disable the floppy disk controller and try, but any idea as t what to do if the prob persists even after disabling the floppy controller?
Old 03-04-2006, 06:32 PM   #6
Golden Master

Try unplugging any usb items and see if the problem still occur when you reboot the PC.
Old 03-04-2006, 06:33 PM   #7
Solid State Member

the only usb device connected is the printer, and thats wen the prob started, after i installed the printer drivers.
Old 03-04-2006, 06:34 PM   #8
Golden Master

Your PC doesn't like your printer lol. It never did that before until you installed your new printer?
Old 03-04-2006, 06:36 PM   #9
Solid State Member

yes thats correct, it was working perfectly ok until i connected and installed the drivers, and wen i restarted the computer immediately after installing the drivers, the prob started.
probably my computer really didnt like my printer....lol
Old 03-04-2006, 06:42 PM   #10
Golden Master

Go into Device Manager and delete any traces of your printer.

Try hooking it up to a different USB port and see what happens. Did you follow the manual on installing the drivers? I think before you even install the printer, you need to pop the CD in first and install that. Then the wizard will tell you to plug the printer in and turn it on. The rest of the work is pretty much transferring a whole bunch of files from the CD to the hard drive.