Disk Cleanup?

FuRgy

BSOD
Hi,
I was just wondering how often u should use Disk Cleanup, scandisk, defragment drive C, do a virus scan, do an adaware scan, reformatting your hardrive, re-installing your OS to keep your PC running in good condition....

When ever your pc is idle. If you want maybe set up a date twice a week to run these kinds of tests :D

I have heard variying opinions on this. Some wipe everything off monthly but I can't see that is necessary but it all comes down to what you use your PC for.
If you install alot of things then yes it would be useful to run but if like me you use your PC for business and just work on it everyday then there will be little 'junk and waste' files that accumalte.

If you leave your computer on all the time, you can set most of these utilities up in the task manager to run automatically in the middle of the night so that it is not an inconvenience to you. I personally run Norton AntiVirus every night. It is certainly not going to hurt anything and I want to know as soon as possible if I have picked up a virus.

not only that you should clean your COOKIES.
BY
control panel>internet options>in general temp internet files delete cookies.

Prepareing

Preperation can be more important than how often especially for defrag,so the less garbage it has to deal with the faster it will get it done.
So delete everything you can first.

Back
Top Bottom