Disabling onboard video

Taking the battery out just switches off the CMOS completely, while changing the jumper just tells it to reset itself.

You should be able to a little bit with the BIOS... I can't imagine a company completely locking the bios. Sometimes there is a physical jumper on the motherboard that disables the video (I have had to do this before). Still, try the BIOS. I don't think clearing the BIOS is the best idea, but you could try re-flashing the BIOS. If you want to clear your BIOS, this link may help.

yah cause i got a dell and it has onboard too and i didn't have to disable on board video... i just switched the plug from the onboard to the video card.

If you take out the CMOS jumper and you did some changes to the BIOS, you would have to re-configure the whole thing all the way down to the system time and date. Just use the jumper, it resets the password at the very least, but it won't wipe the CMOS altogether.

hmm, chances are its not locked, they just didnt tell you what button to press to get into the bios during bootup. if you still have your manual, look in their. if not, restart your computer and when its booting up press f1-f12 using the keyboard slide method (think i just made that term up, but what i mean is just slide your fingers over from f1-f12 quickly, one of them will allow you to get into your bios).

if theirs a password, try the passwords 'system', 'password', 'admin', 'adminastration', 'bios', and then try the name of the computer manufacturer. (of course take the quotations of when entering the passwords). Computer manufacturers tend to be pretty uncreative when making generic passwords for anything :p.

Delete wouldn't work. So I should just try pressing different buttons to get on BIOS? Ok.

If that doesn't work, there is a physical jumper I can turn off on my motherboard?

i had the same problem, with the same card actually.i have an HP, installed a 7600gt, and disabled the 6150le. i press F1? f10? something at startup, and just disable it. it was simple...just hit all sorts of F's when the PC starts up

Yeah, I usually start with Esc, work my way through the F keys, then hit del, then go back again through them.

Back
Top Bottom