Disabling onboard video

The Power

Daemon Poster
I know there is a way to disable the onboard card and I forgot how. I want to do this because my 7600gt and I don't want the onboard card to be used and take up RAM

It wouldn't be locked up, just press, either ESC, F12, or something like that..it'l be there somewhere, what kind of pre-built computer is it? As in, which make, DELL, HP?

If you've installed the 7600GT and it's been using that, then it shoudl have automatically disabled the onboard

Companies can't go around and lock up your BIOS. What do you mean by lock up? Did they throw a password on it? If so then you can either call them or use their backdoor password. Every company puts one on the BIOS.

And Marx I don't think it does that..... I could be wrong though. When I installed my friends gfx card we had to switch it.

64MB proberly, not too much, but yeah, companies dont just lock the BIOS, if you really cant get into it, try the CMOS jumper.

If its not in use, I doubt it would even use that much.

Yeah, the CMOS jumper would clear the password.

There should be a default password, which would be the same on every machine.

Or, to clear the BIOS password, do you have to take the battery out, and leave that for a while?

One of the two, or both :confused:

Back
Top Bottom