Disabling onboard video?

NWS

Solid State Member
Just installed a new video card in my Vaio, and my friend said I need to disable the onboard video before it will work, so how do I do this?

ok, go into your BIOS and your are looking for On-Board sound, change it to disabled. i don't have access to my BIOS at the min becasue i am online so i think its somthing like that. if you need more help i will restart my computer just for you .. lol

Is the new card AGP or PCI? If it's AGP, the card will usally disable itself. If it's PCI, there should be something in the bios about disabling it. That or set the frame buffer to NA or 0MBs

technoman said:
ok, go into your BIOS and your are looking for On-Board sound, change it to disabled. i don't have access to my BIOS at the min becasue i am online so i think its somthing like that. if you need more help i will restart my computer just for you .. lol
BIOS? I'm pretty new to this

Hi,

If you go into BIOS when the computer is booting, you can disable the onboard video.

You go into BIOS usually by pressing DEL, or if not, it tells you if you look when it's going through the booting process after starting up your machine. Then go into Advanced Chipset features, i think (would need to restart to properly find out), and it should be called something like onboard video (like mine has onboard sound, which I can disable), you then just press Enter and set it to Disable

it should definetly be listed somewhere in the menus, and afteryou have disabled it, press ESCape to go back to the main part
then simply press Save and Exit on the main part of the BIOS, and press Y and Enter to confirm

*KaGe*

Back
Top Bottom