Disabling AVG??

cantona

Daemon Poster
Hi i have tren micro pc-cillin 2005 and the free version of AVG but i only want one running at oen time and to have AVG as a back-up. (seems logical to me as Trend Micro has to be the better product).

I am wondering how to disable AVG? because both products have real-time protection and therefor can conflict with one another.

Thanx

if you open the avg control centre, then uncheck all of the boxes in the properties tab it should make it inactive.
i am not sure about this, but it might work.
woz

it is true though isnt it that u should only have one anti virus protection with real time protection running at a time?

and trend micro would be the better product?

Cant you click on the taskbar icon and click diable, otherwise stop it from running when you start the computer and when you want to you can manually start it.

why don't you just uninstall it? its free and if you ever need it you can download a fully updated version again. if you disable it it will soon become outdated, aas it wont be able to update itself.
woz

I never thought of that and what is the point in having two, double the updating and double the space, Also having two runing in the background will reduce your computers performance.

you cant disable it via right-clicking icon in tray nor can u disable it via the control centre...so would you recommend just uninstalling it and installing it whenever i feel the need?

also just to clarify Trend Micro is the better anti virus? or should i uninstall the Trend Micro and keep the AVG?

Yeh i think that trend micro is better so i would just uninstall the avg software, do you pay for trend micro.

Back
Top Bottom