DirectX problem

Dustin_Broke1

In Runtime
Ok I did for the first time installed The Sims 2 game and I did install the latest patch for it. But I have a problem I got an error message saying this. I do have directX 9.0c installed already and all of the Windows updates and driver updated.

"Failed to find any DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapters in this system! Please make sure you have a DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapter and have installed the latest drivers provided by the manufacturer. The application will now terminate."

I did some reasearch and my Intel video chip and this is what it says.

"The Intel® 82810 and 82815 graphics controllers are compatible with versions of Microsoft* DirectX* up to 9.0 with version 6.7 of the graphics drivers. Not all of the new features of DirectX 9.0 are supported, however. They are also compatible with previous version of DirectX (8.x, 7.x, 6.x and 5.x)."

Yes I did download that yesterday. I got it from Intel.com website.

I did also downloaded the latest windows updates from Microsoft. I did also update the bios since because of that now I have 512mb of system ram. The old bios wasn't able to have more than 384mb. Now for sound card I don't know if I have the latest.

Update: I do have the latest drivers for my sound card also.

Ok I did for the first time installed The Sims 2 game and I did install the latest patch for it. But I have a problem I got an error message saying this. I do have directX 9.0c installed already and all of the Windows updates and driver updated.

"Failed to find any DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapters in this system! Please make sure you have a DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapter and have installed the latest drivers provided by the manufacturer. The application will now terminate."

I did some reasearch and my Intel video chip and this is what it says.

"The Intel® 82810 and 82815 graphics controllers are compatible with versions of Microsoft* DirectX* up to 9.0 with version 6.7 of the graphics drivers. Not all of the new features of DirectX 9.0 are supported, however. They are also compatible with previous version of DirectX (8.x, 7.x, 6.x and 5.x)."
That's your problem. Most likely the game is trying to use a DirectX9 function that your card is not capable of performing.

Well I know that there are people who played this game on the same Intel video chip I have so I just wondered how to fix this DirectX problem.

I read that there were people who played this game on the Intel 82810 video chip.

My Sony laptop plays this game fine. Here are the specs for the Sony machine. It originaly came with 256mb of system ram. Also the video ram was 32mb but since I added more ram the video ram went to 48mb.

Pentium III M 1.2gHz
512mb PC133 ram
40 gig hard drive
CD-RW/DVD combo
Windows XP Professional
Intel 82830M AGP 48mb video card

I actualy got the game to work. I tried playing the game in window mode instead of full screen and it works. I had to change the target to this. I basicly added "-w"

"C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSBin\Sims2.exe" "-w"

Back
Top Bottom