directX 9

Well X9C will never die. Only.. It never lives on. It really only stays with Windows XP. When Vista comes out, you are FORCED to get a new video card, compatable with X10.

So really, if you plan to stay on Xp for a while, you dont need to upgrade anything, just keep on trucking along. Although when Vista comes out, with your current setup, a new video card WILL BE MANDATORY. Because current cards cant handle X10.

Well.. I dont know how that works. Because X10 is going to be so new and different, I dont know if games will be compatable.. Although, logicaly thinking they have to be. Anyways though.. I THINK forever... Well not really, but, like.. If things have to be backwards compatable, X9 games will work on X10. Unless Vista changes EVERYTHING..

Im not sure if im explaing this right.. What im trying to say is that, X7-8 games can work with X9C. So I see no reason why X9C games wont work with X10. So if they keep making X9C games, they should work untill maybe X11 comes out.

But im just guessing.. Because I mean like. Vista could be totally different, and X10 too new to work with anything else. Thus.. nothing else would work.. I mean they are making us get new cards for a reason. But im just not sure on this..

how about this:
will there be a point(and when do you think it will happen), when new games will not be playable on dx9. and will REQUIRE dx10?

Yes. I think late next year. Personal opinion though.. But its gonna be after Vista is out and everyone has it. And when the gamers want something better. Then there will be something specificly designed for X10. I really dont think its going to happen for a long time though.

oh. well. i guess that wont affect me for another... hmm... 2 years. lol. im pretty happy right now with just playing unreal tournament(1) :D ... AT LOW RES. ya. but i should be moving on up in the world when i get around to finish buying these computer parts and building my system(btw, i just got a job, so this should be pretty soon). then i'd be pretty happy with games that are only 2 years old :D

Lucky. I cant work till im outta school.. Damn. Oh well I need a system in my car first anyways!

Well I have my permit.. Not my license, so that is as bad as having them chaperone me everywhere. Im 15.. I can work. Its just homeowkr, track, karate (karate training for an internernational tourniment in las vegas), drivers ed classes, and driving times with driving teacher.. It just piles up.. Not enough time. Hell I barely get any sleep. I wouldnt be on the computer, but I sneak on it. Hell.. I have a drivers test tomorrow, with the teachers. And its a saturday!

Back
Top Bottom