DirectX 10?

freestyler105 said:
Like what? DirectX 10 is exclusive to Vista.

LOL, no a 7600 is not DirectX 10 capable. That's why there's so much hype around the 8000 series - they can run DirectX 10. The hardware has to be DirectX 10 capable, you can't just update some software.

Lets say its a free OS that is being coded right now. It has DX10 support, but no annoying DRM crap and stuff like that. Its a super streamlined gaming/benching OS. Alvino knows what I'm talking about. hint hint: XSOS V3.0 :) read more about it on Xtreme Systems

spywarebanisher said:
thats retarted. some laptops have vista on them with directx10 but wats the point if u cant even use the directx10

when will there be a graphics card that is nvidia geforce thast can run with directx10? predicitons?

The geforce 8800 series are the only cards that are direct x10 compatible.

allenn812 said:
The geforce 8800 series are the only cards that are direct x10 compatible.
For now. Soon ATI will have their R600 core out.

That sounds cool. I'll be following it! Is it legal though? I mean, since Microsoft owns DirectX 10, won't they want it be be exclusive to their products?

Its not illegal, nn_step(the maker) cut a deal with microsoft (ha! firefox thinks microsoft is a typo, and it thinks firefox is a typo too :confused: ). Microsoft helped implement all the windows compatibility and DirectX software into the operating system. And the requirements are it is recommended to own at least one legal copy of windows (any version, be it 95, 97, ME, 2000, XP, or Vista) and microsoft wants the source code to be kept secret. This way microsoft software can be used by a greater field of people.

ownage said:
Its not illegal, nn_step(the maker) cut a deal with microsoft (ha! firefox thinks microsoft is a typo, and it thinks firefox is a typo too :confused: ). Microsoft helped implement all the windows compatibility and DirectX software into the operating system. And the requirements are it is recommended to own at least one legal copy of windows (any version, be it 95, 97, ME, 2000, XP, or Vista) and microsoft wants the source code to be kept secret. This way microsoft software can be used by a greater field of people.
Ah, I see. And try capitalizing Microsoft and Firefox :)

lhuser said:
I'm preety sure Windows XP SP3 will have DX10. But for it, there are little, if not any, games that are available. Now, the DX10 games are a big improvement, but you'll need vista and a DX10 compliant card. Not a lot of us has that. It's all in the matter of time.

In a year or two, Windows XP will be like Windows 95/98/ME and eventually, 2000; outdated and support ended.

Like I already said, Microsoft has announced that DirectX 10 will be Vista exclusive.

spywarebanisher said:
thats retarted. some laptops have vista on them with directx10 but wats the point if u cant even use the directx10

thats beccause DX10 comes standard with vista. even if you don't want to use dx10, but you get vista, you get dx10.

so yeah, its virtually pointless in laptops, but as someone before me said, not many people who game have laptops. those who do do it simply because they are not home enought to game on a desktop.

Back
Top Bottom