Direct x9.0//Direct x 9.0 compatible graphics adapters

djcune

Beta member
Hello Everyone, this is my first post.

I have just re-booted my computer, after getting a virus, and I have re-installed all of my programs. When I try to run the Sims 2, a message comes up saying that the program cannot run because my machine's graphics adapters do not support Direct x9.0. My machine is state-of-the art, and I haven't got this problem in the past. I am sure it isn't a physical problem with the video card or the adapters or anything, I think it is something wrong with the software.

Does anyone know what to do?

Thanks,

Thomas McCune, (DJ Cune)

I already tried that, sorry I forgot to mention it. I have a feeling it has to do with dxdiag, but when I run it, I can't see anything wrong

How does this problem have anything to do with dxdiag? Thats only a diagnostic tool.

I know its not Dx 9.0. If anything its your video card drivers. And if you did that, its a corrupted download. Whats your graphics card?

Even though ArrizX is probably right (he usually is :D), run Dxdiag and check the version just to make sure. If it's fine, then check your video drivers as he mentioned.

Firstly, dxdiag says that there's nothing wrong with my directx files, so thats that cancelled out.

Secondly, I remember this happening to my sound card, and I couldn't play anything in WIndows Media Player, after a while it just copped on and worked normally.

Incase it's any interest, I have re-installed Windows XP Mediac Centre Edition, stayed up all night.

I am certain that it is NOT a hardware problem because our computer is state of the art and is a new model, and this hasn't ever happened before. The computer doesn't state what card it is. But I know it has 256 Mb Ram. Where do you look to find your video card specs?

Yep, give that a shot. That will probably be your problem, because your video card may not know how to run Direct X because it is using stinky Windows GFX drivers. :D

djcune said:
Oh holy sh*t. I have the drivers here, lets stick it in, ShAlL wE?

That might help
rolleye0013.gif

Back
Top Bottom