Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 05-09-2010, 01:35 PM   #1
Beta Member

Default Dimension E520 Processor and Ram problem

Ok I managed to get rid of the bios password which would not let me enter the os now i wanted to re-install onther os on the hdd by removing the os allrdi installed on the os when ever i got the the windows setup for me to accpet the terms by microsoft i would get bsod blue screen of death thinking it will be a memory dump =meaning the ram must be damged i put a new ram of 256 but experienced the same bsod so then i thought mayb the process is heating up so i remove the heat skin and tried to see if it is heating up alot and by mistke my hand touch the process while their was power causing static shock now the computer want give any feed to the lcd meaning no feed so could this be that the process is gonne or something on the board as i took onther process from the same family and tried it with a new ram and i got the same resluts the cpu will not give any feed to the lcd any advise on how i can fix this issue?

zainmw91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 10:03 PM   #2
Daemon Poster

Default Re: Dimension E520 Processor and Ram problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by zainmw91 View Post
Ok I managed to get rid of the bios password which would not let me enter the os now i wanted to re-install onther os on the hdd by removing the os allrdi installed on the os when ever i got the the windows setup for me to accpet the terms by microsoft i would get bsod blue screen of death thinking it will be a memory dump =meaning the ram must be damged i put a new ram of 256 but experienced the same bsod so then i thought mayb the process is heating up so i remove the heat skin and tried to see if it is heating up alot and by mistke my hand touch the process while their was power causing static shock now the computer want give any feed to the lcd meaning no feed so could this be that the process is gonne or something on the board as i took onther process from the same family and tried it with a new ram and i got the same resluts the cpu will not give any feed to the lcd any advise on how i can fix this issue?
I'm confused. Punctuation please?

From what I've gathered you screwed up the processor/motherboard. Was it turned on when you yanked the heatsink off?