digital photos

Boxmaker

Beta member
Hi, All
First time on forum so i hope this question is in the right place :confused:
When i print from my paint shop software my pictures never seem to be the colours i expected, im using a Epson stylus R300. Ive read that if i want to use the paint shop to adjust the colour i need to turn off the printer driver, but i dont know how. Can some one please put my mind at staight co,s its costing a furtune in paper and ink.

many thanks

I usually end up having to brighten photos to make the print outs look half decent. Try reducing the size to 25% or something for test prints. As the brightness / colour etc can be altered on the monitor, it's never going to be exactly the same as your prints. Oh, and I can't thing why you would need to turn off the printer driver.

For decent photos, I usually email them to a developer. They only cost about 12p, and they are much better than most printers could produce.

Hello BTW :)

I would say to email them to a print shop place aswell since they have the best equipment. Are you using recycled cartrages?

If you don't have a £1000 printer, the quality will not be what you expect im afraid. Spend a little and have them done professionally!

thanks, all
No im not using recycled cartridges, i think i read some where about the print driver deciding the out come of the colour rather than using i want from photo shop.I think its to do with the gammer setting or am i getting in to deep.

If your printer uses something called the sRGB profile (Check printer drivers), you could simulate this on your computer monitor/graphics card if it supports it.

What this does, is makes sure that the colours are exact from one source to another that supports it.
So you know after adjusting on your computer monitor, its going to be pretty accurate on the print, since your colour temperature on your monitor might be much higher than on your printer at the moment, so when editing it, your eye is viewing the colours as your wishing them to be, when in truth, there alot different.

If you go into your video card settings, check for a colour profile, and look for sRGB. Do the same with your computer monitor if it supports Colour Temperature changes.

This is what I read up about it:

"A calibrated RGB colour space, proposed as a Web standard."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SRGB_color_space

So basically yeah, if you set everything up to use this standard, it should be pretty accurate to what you'll get.

EDIT:

I'll move it to the right place :)

Back
Top Bottom