digital audio out port

pc trade post

Daemon Poster
ok on the back of my computer i have a digital audio out port. it just looks like a normal rca jack and it is orange. i was just wondering how i would go about using this port. would i have to get speakers that can accept this digital audio output? or could i somehow plug it into a normal aux input of a receiver?

How many audio ports do you have on the back of your motherboard? Some have 3 while others have 6. They're probably used for surround speakers.

cileskot said:
ok on the back of my computer i have a digital audio out port. it just looks like a normal rca jack and it is orange. i was just wondering how i would go about using this port. would i have to get speakers that can accept this digital audio output? or could i somehow plug it into a normal aux input of a receiver?

You need an coaxial SPDIF on whatever else your hooking stuff up to. For best results run 75 ohm cables.

The digital audio output is typically used to connect to a home sound system to listen to DVDs and CDs being played on your computer.

Back
Top Bottom