Diffuacutely w/ corsair flash drive it thinks it's full

stevethebrain

In Runtime
Diffuacutely w/ corsair flash drive it thinks it's full

Recently purchased the corsair 128GB voyager slider X1 flash drive.

I was able to transfer 2 3GB WTV files it slowed to 18BPS on the write speed and each file took like 5-6 minutes this being a 30 minute tv show.

After transferring the 2 files corsair says even smaller than 3GB file are to big and won't transfer.

I read the instructions if there where any like doe's this drive need refomating?

Maybe I received a crummie drive.

I am planning to cruise the GOM for a long weekend so I was planning to transferr some windows7 media center recorded TV shows to removeable memery for playback on my LT.

edit I have a I3 LT which is High def. so I will have decent video playback

I also have a 1TB portabable HDD I'm apprehensive about playing wtv. files from a HDD w/out any ventilation could heatup the HDD and ruin it?

My LT has a 256 GB SSD I'm using 80GB and have 152GB of free space.
not sure if I should continue to keep storage on separate drive from OS.?

both LT and TVPC are I3 CPU so it's high def. however are USB2
the new corsair is USB3.

Thanks STB

Last edited:
GOM?
The GOM player from Korea or grumpy old man?
I'd just return it and get another.
If it does the same, get another brand.
If your portable drive is ruined by using it, what good is it?
I'd buy one thay can be used without being ruined, but I like using what I buy for the intended use.

Last edited:
I have a 64 GB PNY flash drive and I never had any problems backing up large files to it.

Yeah, try formatting it...but use the quick format option otherwise you'll wait a long time for it to format.

GOM?

If your portable drive is ruined by using it, what good is it?
QUOTE]
I'm starting to think the flash drive is physicalley to small of a device for me to keep track of it's whereabouts, like I've already lost a Samsung 64GB FD that thing was so tiny who knows what crack it fell into hopefully it will turn up.

I have a 1TB 2.5" HDD (I use for archieving) it's mounted inside a enclosesure so it has zero ventilation so if I'm watching movies stored on this drive w/out ventilation won't it overheat and burn itself up?

Thanks STB

Back
Top Bottom