diffrent types of CPU's

the Q6600 has 4 cores, the other one has 2. the Q6600 will be able to play new games MUCH better, specially crysis\COD4. the performance in HL2 will be the same since HL2 isnt quad threaded

OMG, without even looking at the link, the Core 2 Quad has 4-cores while the other one has only 2 cores. The more, the better. All of them can play games really well. I would rather take the quad core even though it "looks" like it's getting smoked by the dual core CPU. More games are taking advantage of quad cores now, but more so for dual core.

Quad core has more potential. Think of it like this. One core is devoted entirely to preparing scenes for delivery to the GPU. Another core can spend all of its time working on physics calculations. A third can handle internal game logic, with the fourth available for sound processing and other good stuff. Damn efficient system if you ask me which equals to speed. That's the beauty of quad supported games and apps. Got to love it. It's a no brainer though. Please get the quad core.

Quad core has more potential. Think of it like this. One core is devoted entirely to preparing scenes for delivery to the GPU. Another core can spend all of its time working on physics calculations. A third can handle internal game logic, with the fourth available for sound processing and other good stuff. Damn efficient system if you ask me which equals to speed. That's the beauty of quad supported games and apps. Got to love it. It's a no brainer though. Please get the quad core.

yer thats what i thort.thanks

.....and they're not really all that expensive for that type of CPU!!! Expect it to come down even more when the new quad core Penryn's come out.

quad core will deliver much better peformance even with a lower clock speed

Back
Top Bottom