Different Memory Brands

glixon765

Baseband Member
Is it okay to have two different of brands of memory in my computer as long as they are the same speed? For example, both are PC5300 (DDR2 667mhz). I am thinking of buying some memory on sale.

It's OK to have to of the same brands although it is recommended to buy the same RAM. Just make sure this RAM you are buying will run at the same latencies (4-4-4-12) as your current RAM.

im sure its ok, but its recomended to have the same brand

it's fine to run 2 different brands as long as they're the same speed and CAS latency, if you want them to run in dual channel. if i was buying new ram though i'd buy a matched pair or buy 1 stick that i can remember all the details so i can get the SAME EXACT MODEL from the manufacturer later on.

Yeah, to be safe, just go with the same brand and model as the RAM you already have.

it's fine to run 2 different brands as long as they're the same speed and CAS latency, if you want them to run in dual channel. if i was buying new ram though i'd buy a matched pair or buy 1 stick that i can remember all the details so i can get the SAME EXACT MODEL from the manufacturer later on.

yeah what he said.. but most mobocompanys recomend they be the same.. but u'll be fine as long as there the same speed and CAS Latency

it's fine to run 2 different brands as long as they're the same speed and CAS latency

Brand name is not so important as long as the memory's speed and latency timings are all the same.

I have a gaming computer running both Corsair and Muskin memory. :D

I ran OCZ and Nanya for a while, didn't really have any problems except the timings so I got more of the OCZ a while later just to be safe.

Back
Top Bottom