Difference between these 2 intel CPU's

Dishdog

Fully Optimized
i'm starting to order the final parts of my computer and i was wondering would i notice the difference between a p4 with a 1mb cache and a p4 with 2mb cache

Intel Pentium 4 530 3.0Ghz / 1MB Cache / 800 FSB / Socket 775 / HyperThreading / Processor with Fan: http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1016632&Tab=11&NoMapp=

Intel Pentium 4 630 3.0Ghz / 2MB Cache / 800 FSB / Socket 775 / HyperThreading / Processor with Fan: http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1232719&CatId=0

hmm. Not to sure. But the bigger the cache the better! I think then its more capable of handling more stuff.

There should be. After all, it is doubling the cache, which means more data can be held in the cache and less data is required to travel via the bus controller. The n again, I'm sort of shaky on this stuff.

But the way I see it, it depends if you're gonig to be runnig more intensive programs, because I think 1MB is more than enough for most applications, but who am I to say? :p

If you want it to be Longhorn 64 bits ready, get the 630, or look for a 530J...

LMAO!! There is a huge difference between them besides the cache guys.. Ok, listen up.

The Intel 5xx series CPUs had a COI system, that is Copper on Interconnect. This was an OLD technology that caused numerous power leaks and processor speed wastes. The 5xx series was an embarrasement to Intel... they were WORTHLESS. The 6xx series using a CTOI (Carbon Tunnel on Interconnect) which connects the internal silicon wafers on the VFSI using a high density carbon based interconnect similar to synthetic diamond. This technology is very new, and enables lower temperatures, less watts used, and better OCing abilities. Did I mention it runs 7C cooler or so??? Get the 6xx series, and the extra cache makes it faster as well.

dont the 6xx series have em64t technology??? that may be useful in the future if you decide to stick with intel when 64bit hits

Back
Top Bottom