difference between socket and slot cpus?

There are no real advantages. Back then they couldn't fit all the Cache on the chips as easilly, so they used the slots for more RAM...that's what I heard, at least. For the most part, Slot1 is compatable with Socket370.

Slot and Socket varies. Socket I believe transfers data better, although i could be mistaken.

A Slot CPU for example is the Itanium, and the announced Itanium2, a good Socket CPU is the Pentium 4 or Athlon 64. I don't recall any AMD slot CPUs.

yeah, there was a slot A amd athlon. my friend has a slot pIII 600mhz. he USED to have a slot pII 500mhz, until we smashed it.

I used to have a Slot 1 Pentium III 600Mhz CPU. It was slow, but did what i wanted at the time, which was browse the internet and play music, until I started to game did I require a more demanding CPU and what not. :)

"Slot" processors didnt need cooling, neither did the motherboards, so you did get a silent PC..!

GenoXide
Please refrain from using the bold print. Unless it's to emphasize something within your post.
Thanks

setishock said:
GenoXide
Please refrain from using the bold print. Unless it's to emphasize something within your post.
Thanks

I actually have a slight vision problem at the moment. Currently my contacts are old and I can not use them for the time being, so it is hard for me to view my posts so I can proof read it once I post it. Infact posting in regular type is very hard to see. I have to get rather close to the monitor to actually view it, which in turn makes the vision even worse, lose-lose scenario :(. If it's a huge inconvience I'll refrain from it if you want me to. Besides my new contacts should arrive in about a week or so once I get back from California next week. :)

Back
Top Bottom