Difference?

he said he wanted more snap and ram will give that to him. And by getting that video card it will lessen the load on your cpu.

EEkk... if that is an AMD Thunderbird, that is good, but if it the KX6 Pro or something... ICK.. the darkages of AMD... Now, as to that graphics card, Setishock made a good recommendation. A new SUPER GRAPHICS card wont even be useful in a 2x slot, which is most likely what that is... I would put another 256MB or RAM into it and make it haul. If it is a ThunderBird, it will haul ass with more RAM, as their charge plates enjoy using MORE AND MORE RAM. :D

The ram upgrade will work but i dont think you will get the grapics better if you only have agp 2 also do you have pci - e otherwise if you want a good system i would reccomend something like a new motherboards, or just get the ram and stay with the graphics card.

obviously if you go from 256 ram to 1Gb ram will change alot, but if you add video card it won't change your speed.

Ok. I was trying to save some money by doing this, but I can see it will be just pointless anyway, because it is ancient. Thank you all for your responses. They helped me "see the light". :)

We shall see. :) I realized I am going to have more money on payday than first expected. ;) So, an amd processor and 6600 gt is on the way.. :) I will let you know about my final setup.

The best video cards I'd say for your comps are the Nvidia Series 5 and 6 (but not 6600GT or higher)

Back
Top Bottom