Didtheyreadit.com

Hi Guys,

Does anyone have any more info with regard to the email track and trace?

Is it really that unethical?

Many Thanks.

Paul.

The only time I consider that ethical is if the end user knows the email is being tracked. I see it like customer support calls to like HP or Sony where they say "This call may be monitored or recorded". This way people who don't want a record know and can bail on the call. FOr you, I would say put in the fact that you track things in your terms of agreement for purchases or in a contract if they sign one so it's all legit.

from others posts it sounds to me that the person reading the email doesn't know that you are seeing if they opened the email or not (correct me if i am wrong). If that is the case i would not do bussiness with that company any more. If it pops up a message asking the user for permission prior to openning the email than I would not have any problems.

It's as ethical as placing an image in the email. Or putting an html link to a site to view an an invoice. In fact, since those are practically the only way to do what they do, that must be what this company does. You could just do the same thing yourself, if you have a web hosting account for around $0-$5 a month, which would save you some money.

Back
Top Bottom