Did you know? (a post for useful hints for people to share)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Raffaz said:
You sat and typed that out! You can find that all over the net man, must have taken ya ages :)

Na man that's nothing compared to what im used to! At college we type loadsss more, when were doing our work and not pissing about on games that is..

joxley1990 said:
Na man that's nothing compared to what im used to! At college we type loadsss more, when were doing our work and not pissing about on games that is..

Hear ya there, had to write several 5000 word essays etc at uni, just to have a virus wipe em all out boo hoo lol.

if you overclock (or don't) and your computer freezes while you're using firefox, don't "restore session" when it gives you that option when you restart firefox after restarting your computer, "start new session" instead...

the one time I "restored" my firefox session, all of my bookmarks were gone, the last 4 times that it has happened I started a new session and my bookmarks were still there each time...

might work for ya, it has for me...

wol-va-rine said:
if you overclock (or don't) and your computer freezes while you're using firefox, don't "restore session" when it gives you that option when you restart firefox after restarting your computer, "start new session" instead...

the one time I "restored" my firefox session, all of my bookmarks were gone, the last 4 times that it has happened I started a new session and my bookmarks were still there each time...

might work for ya, it has for me...
Thats why i backup my bookmarks :)

freestyler105 said:
I posted this in another thread, but if you click a link with the middle mouse button, it'll open in a new tab in Firefox and IE 7.
in fire fox if you then press the mouse wheel on the tab at the top it will close the tab
if you highlight all of the a web adress in ff then drag it to the area inder the adress bar it will create a quick shottcut there

MS Word:
CTRL+SHIFT+F - Choose your font
CTRL+SHIFT+P - Font Size
CTRL+ALT+I - Print Preview
CTRL+SHIFT+8 - Show/Hide thingy
CTRL+L - Align left
CTRL+E - Align Center
CTRL+R - Align Right

Command Prompt(Windows Key + R)

shrpubw - Share Folder Wizard
perfmon - System Monitor
msconfig - TroubleShooting Tool
regedit - Registry Editor
winword - Word
excel - Excel
powerpnt - Power Point
calc - Calculator
mspaint - Paint
taskmgr - Task Manager
notepad - NotePad
wordpad - WordPad

Those are some that I didn't see earlier in the thread

muz379 said:
in fire fox if you then press the mouse wheel on the tab at the top it will close the tab
if you highlight all of the a web adress in ff then drag it to the area inder the adress bar it will create a quick shottcut there
I have the center click on my MX Revolution mouse set to switch tabs when I click it. very handy.

Did u know if u stand on ur head, wiggle ur bum around and sing Bohemian Rhapsody full blast, u will end up looking like a right pillock!?! its true, try it...

LMAO I was reading this very seriously thinking it would help me, finally got the pun, felt really...really dumb and laughed extremely hard :D

nice job, people like you break the tension in the world :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom