Did you know? (a post for useful hints for people to share)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raffaz

Golden Master
To start off:

In XP, If you left-click and drag your "my computer icon" and drag it to the desktop, then drop it, it creates a handy menu so you can navigate to drives and control panel much quicker...

Did you know that if you want to have a clean desktop without your recycle bin, all you have to do is make a shortcut of the recycle bin and put it anywhere you want, on the quicklaunch or a toolbar. Then right click the desktop and click on "arrange icons" then remove the check beside "show desktop icons". And Viola! you have a clean desktop with quick access to your recycle bin.

And a couple more, feel free to add to them:)

Did you know, Ctrl + Shift + Esc brings up Task manager far quicker than the right click option
Did you know Windows Key + L locks your workstation, brilliant for those who are up and down from there desk a lot

Did u know if u stand on ur head, wiggle ur bum around and sing Bohemian Rhapsody full blast, u will end up looking like a right pillock!?! its true, try it...

As for the dragging the my computer icon... i cant do it lol all it does is creates a shortcut... or am i being reallllly thick here lol.

Windows + M minimizes all open windows as well.

I posted this in another thread, but if you click a link with the middle mouse button, it'll open in a new tab in Firefox and IE 7.

If you click the New Posts button on CF, normally you have to wait 15 seconds before using it again. If you open it in a new tab or window though, the limit is removed.

And I think for the toolbar, it just has to be along the edge of the screen. Anywhere else and it'll just make a shortcut to My Computer.

windows + D also minimizes :D

edit: and press it again it brings your last thing on screen back up

Did you know Alt Tab, lets you go through different windows..Open two ie pages and try it.heh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom