did i make the right decision?

you need to burn in that card. since its a new card, the heat paste hasnt completely curred between the HSF assembly and the GPU itself. so play some games on it for a while, or just leave a game running with a 3d rendered scene and monitor the temps. 80c is a bit high as atomic said, but those cards do run hot. only at 90c would i begin to worry.

anyway, after running a few games the temps should drop a few degrees because of the breaking in process. all new cards need it, its usually overlooked but overtime your temps should drop a couple degrees. nothing major, just fyi.

i see... thanks.
it seems like its runs at 54 degrees Celsius on idle on stock fan, which is 29%, or it could be that the fan was running at 80% before.
The 8800GT is pretty cool so far, seems like it doubled the framerates of my old X1950.

Edit - now its starting to get near 60 degrees celcius, but all i am doing is extracting some files and running mozilla.
is there a way to have the graphics card fan on auto and start at 50% and not 29%?
i cant seem to adjust the auto fan speed, and i think i would sometimes forget to change the fan speed when switching from browsing to gaming and vice versa.

Back
Top Bottom