Did I make a good choice?

Marshillboy

In Runtime
After going to the local Fry's for getting some good deals, I decided to make a low-budget splurge and get a nicer (WAYY nicer) video card, something thats a big upgrade from my WinFast A180B GeForce MX4000. I talked to a guy who sounded like he knew what he was talking about, and after a bit, he recommended me the following card for $130 (my budget is around 100).

ATI Radeon X1300 PRO 256MB DDR2 AGP 8x/4x (my MoBo accepts 4x).

Is this the best for my dollar (around $100, remember), or do I need to return it?

I've heard of some issues with few year-old motherboards and 512mb cards after talking with certain IT people. I feel pretty satisfied with the performance, and I feel it was a decent buy for the money.

Like I said, i wouldn't really trade it in, if you're getting the performance you want out of it, by all means, keep it. :)

The RAM in that card is only DDR, whereas my current card has DDR2. Not sure if that makes a difference, but I just thought I might point that out...

BTW: My card's GPU runs at 600mhz and accesses it's memory at 800mhz (12.8 GB/s)

Back
Top Bottom