Did i do the right thing?, tell me i did the right thing!

aff1993 said:
Hi,
I have spent some bit of money upgrading my PC to 1gb of RAM and getting Ethernet and Buying Vista Home Premium, but i am getting told by my PC Fixer guy "Dont Upgrade to Vista" Because he says its not worth it.
I have been wanting vista for 2 years and i finally got it and am spending heaps on my computer to get it ready, should i upgrade, and what are the issues about vista, and when SP1 comes out will i be able to upgrade free from Vista.
I really hope its worth installing because IM DYING to use it, :(
Thanks, please tell me its good to install.
Thanks

I wouldn't have got it, it's just a HUGE resource hog. Expect 3GB of RAM to run games efficiently. Vista = sucky.

Vista isn't the best, Mac sucks. I hate Apple and all that crap that comes with it.

Actually, if you intend to run Home basic, you could wait about a month, just to get the major bugs away, then I'd say go for it.

Nah they realists lol, It does suck to a certain extent cos of crappy third party support, but hey so did XP when that first came out, works fine now (kinda)

Vista has alot of security within it, to protect programs/drivers, etc from the kernal. When drivers crash on XP, it usually sends the kernal and so the operating system with it. Vista makes it possible to stop this from happening, and so the driver can just reset without any trouble.

But, a question I have to ask is, it all seems to be about security, yet... shouldn't they be safe in the first place? Why should we have to pay for extra security?

True, but dont they think up new ideas all the time to stop hackers etc, and we get the updates with xp as well, not sure how much good they do. No matter how safe Vista is, the secrurity is just a program, and programs can be unwritten, so we will never be 100% safe anyway.

Kage said:
Vista has alot of security within it, to protect programs/drivers, etc from the kernal. When drivers crash on XP, it usually sends the kernal and so the operating system with it. Vista makes it possible to stop this from happening, and so the driver can just reset without any trouble.

But, a question I have to ask is, it all seems to be about security, yet... shouldn't they be safe in the first place? Why should we have to pay for extra security?
I dont think vista is any more secure than XP. Its already been hacked with time stoppers etc. Nothing is secure, if people want to get by the security they will, it might take a bit longer, but they will do it.

Theres this cool thing on vista, you can set any persons account a time block for internet usage, from any day of the week, ITS SOOO COOL!

Exactly.

To tell the truth, I'd feel safer with something I've used for a long period of time, and because of updates, I know its relatively safe from harm.

The fact Vista is so new, if I got it, I probably wouldn't feel as safe. At least not straight away, if I was or not.

Yeah got to agree with Kage, the reports I have had from mates is that for games it is doesn't like them that well, and I am sure at this point someone is going to tell me that they haven't had any problems with it.....

Personally anything from microsoft I would wait another 6months even 12 before considering to upgrade, I just keep hearing stories and my own experiences of the RC1 version messed up my system badly and required a complete format and reinstall has put me off majorily.

If you want it then get it, but don't come running back here complaining because it will be a big fat "I told you so!!!!"

:D

Back
Top Bottom