Did i do the right thing?, tell me i did the right thing!

aff1993

In Runtime
Hi,
I have spent some bit of money upgrading my PC to 1gb of RAM and getting Ethernet and Buying Vista Home Premium, but i am getting told by my PC Fixer guy "Dont Upgrade to Vista" Because he says its not worth it.
I have been wanting vista for 2 years and i finally got it and am spending heaps on my computer to get it ready, should i upgrade, and what are the issues about vista, and when SP1 comes out will i be able to upgrade free from Vista.
I really hope its worth installing because IM DYING to use it, :(
Thanks, please tell me its good to install.
Thanks

aff1993 said:
Hi,
I have spent some bit of money upgrading my PC to 1gb of RAM and getting Ethernet and Buying Vista Home Premium, but i am getting told by my PC Fixer guy "Dont Upgrade to Vista" Because he says its not worth it.
I have been wanting vista for 2 years and i finally got it and am spending heaps on my computer to get it ready, should i upgrade, and what are the issues about vista, and when SP1 comes out will i be able to upgrade free from Vista.
I really hope its worth installing because IM DYING to use it, :(
Thanks, please tell me its good to install.
Thanks

from what I've heard about it I am definitely gonna wait to get it, there seem to be a bunch of issues with it and it really doesn't help your computer any faster or run smoother, it just looks prettier, again, this is just what I've heard, but I'm one of those people that really do believe that $h*&^ stinks without having to smell it myself...

From experience, I just find it's XP with more themes! If you really want, you could down the Vista transformation pack.

Are you planning to run it on that Celeron?

There's bugs and the drivers on some companies' sites aren't 100% stable. Also, I noticed in there that there is a huge performance loss, due to Aero and all the other crap.

Not only that, but your Celeron will run it, but if you run games, forget it. That video card is also a bad choice to move in, especially if you want Windows Aero.

Today i put in 1GB of ram, and i intend on changing my processor to a Pentium 4 soon, and im not running Aero, pretend im trunning Home Basic, then what?

Vista is just all eye-candy, thats it, I used it in the store and its alright, but I'm fine with XP for at least another year.

Well i tried it and thouight i was great! much faster, faster everything in fact even faster net, go figure, seemed to like my pc. Aero ran great even tho Nvidia have crappy drivers. But i've kept it on my usb drive so wehn decent drivers are released for my gfx etc then ill give it another go, as of yet im back (reluctanlty) on xp. The graphics performance sucked majorly for games. Sooo id wait for 6 months or so until everyone has written decent drivers, or when i say everyone for me that means Nvidia lol.

Anubis1980 said:
Well i tried it and thouight i was great! much faster, faster everything in fact even faster net, go figure, seemed to like my pc. Aero ran great even tho Nvidia have crappy drivers. But i've kept it on my usb drive so wehn decent drivers are released for my gfx etc then ill give it another go, as of yet im back (reluctanlty) on xp. The graphics performance sucked majorly for games. Sooo id wait for 6 months or so until everyone has written decent drivers, or when i say everyone for me that means Nvidia lol.

just about everything and almost everyone would like your pc imo, for the average user with the average machine, maybe not so much...

just sayin'...

I wish, a lot of games dont like SLI and i didnt mean it to sound erm bigheaded if u know what i mean. For once i think microsoft have made a decent OS well decentish.

Back
Top Bottom