Diablo II graphics glitches...

pcgodintraining

In Runtime
I have Diablo II and Diablo II: Lord of destruction installed, and the games run fine, except for the fact that black horizontal lines of varying sizes flicker on and off of the screen at random, rendering gameplay extremely difficult and highly anoying. Anyone encounter this problem?

Hi,

No, but one thing you could try is to run the graphics set up that the game has.
Just change the drawing method to either Direct Draw, or Direct 3D, depending what is already on. That might work for you.

Oh and, check on the video card settings, just to make sure that the Vertical Sync is off... I don't really see the point in this feature anyway really, except it stops the graphics card going over what the monitor can display in hz. Don't know if this is a problem, but its worth checking out if the above doesn't work :)

Hope this helps
*KaGe*

Go into the gaming options for some of them. And for your graphics cards options, right click and select properties. Then change your options from there.

Diablo 2 has its own configuring options:

Go into start, Programs, and find where Diablo 2 is kept there, as you would to normally run the game. There, along with the EXE file for Diablo II, should be a file called 'Diablo II video test'. Simply run that, and change the settings after it does tests on your PC, to a different video output:

Direct 3D
Direct Draw

Hope this helps, sorry about the confusion
*KaGe*

install the latest directX drivers...video card drivers...and possibly change the video settings in the game...setting them to lower and more reliable values...also...even though your video card may meet the minimium requirments for the game...doesnt mean that it can really handle it...you may have too weak of a video card

My brother had the same problem, the exact same problem. All I had to do for him was update the drivers, man.

Back
Top Bottom